NOVEMBER 1-30: THE WORLD NEEDS YOUR NOVEL!
Come Write In at CPL for the entire month of November in honor of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)! NaNoWriMo is an annual (November) novel writing project that brings together professional and amateur writers from all over the world.
Check out the NaNoWriMo site and sign up FOR FREE to participate on the national level, with hundreds of thousands of other writers, to reach a personal goal of writing 50,000 words in the month of November!
Then join CPL staff twice a week for group write-ins (see schedule below)! The gatherings will be all about writing to meet your goal, so it is totally appropriate to come hole up in the corner of a library with your earbuds in all evening. If you feel a bit more social and want to chat with other writers or discuss your writing, that’s awesome too.
CPL’S NANOWRIMO SCHEDULE: COME WRITE IN!
- Saturday, October 24 @ 10:00 AM: Get Ready to Write @ CPL (hosted by our NaNoWriMo region’s municipal liaison, Lori Robinett!)
- Sunday, November 1, from 5-7:30 PM: Kick-off & First Write In @ CPL!
- Wednesday, November 4, from 6:00-8:00 PM: Come Write In! @ Grinder’s Bakery!
- Sunday, November 8, from 5-7:30 PM: Come Write In @ CPL
- Wednesday, November 11, from 6:00-8:00 PM: Come Write In! @ CPL
- Saturday, November 14, from 6:00-8:00 PM Second Saturday Event @ CPL (For TEENS ONLY!)
- Sunday, November 15, from 5-7:30 PM: Come Write In @ CPL (HALFWAY!)
- Wednesday, November 18, from 6:00-8:00 PM: Come Write In! @ Grinder’s Bakery!
- Sunday, November 22, from 5-7:30 PM: Come Write In @ CPL
- Monday, November 30, from 9:00 PM-Midnight Last Chance Write In @ CPL (get 50K by Midnight!)
The first 35 participants will receive an “I Novel” button, a “NANOWRIMO Contents Extremely Imaginative” sticker, and you can add your name to our chart to track your progress towards 50K words between November 1 and November 30!
If you’re too excited to wait for the Get Ready To Write event (like we are!) go ahead and sign up below to Come Write In With CPL for the month of November!
AWESOME RESOURCES FOR NOVEL WRITERS:
Are you still stuck for ideas for National Novel Writing Month? Or are you working on a novel at a more leisurely pace? Here are 102 resources on Character, Point of View, Dialogue, Plot, Conflict, Structure, Outlining, Setting, and World Building, plus some links to generate Ideas and Inspiration. Also, I recommend some resources for Revision and some online Tools and Software. Too many links? Pick a few at random and bookmark the rest for later.
by Josh Vogt
This Toolbox has become a subset of a larger project: Write-Strong.com – A Home for Writers Pursuing Success. Check it out for an ongoing compilation of writing resources and tools.
Don’t forget to check out the NaNoWriMo site for all kinds of fun details and activities as well. You can track your word count online daily, find resources for planning your novel, get customized NaNoWriMo calendars for your laptop and devices from other participants, read Pep Talks from famous authors, and even purchase NaNoWriMo gear!
Be sure to stop by Library Director, Becky Wilson’s personal NaNoWriMo page to say hello!